- Music teacher, Mr. Hartmann, received a grant from the Little Kids Rock organization. The grant will be used to purchase instruments to create the TYWLS Queens Rock Band.
- Foreign language teacher, Ms. Dowdell, received a grant from TYWLN to host a Mardi Gras Masquerade Dance as a Paris Fundraiser.
- Advisor, Ms. Truick, received a grant from TYWLN for an IPAD Mini to create an animated series of Respect 360 videos covering 8 respect basics ($486).
- Health teacher, Ms. Verderosa, and Social Studies teacher, Mr. Otto, received a grant from TYWLN to take students hiking at Bear Mountain State Park ($1000).
- Health teacher, Ms. Verderosa, received a leadership grant from the Office of School Health and Wellness. We are one of 20 High Schools that will be part of the Leadership Circle in Health Education. The money will go towards enhancing the Health Education program at our school ($1500).
- Visual Art teacher, Ms. Schneck, received a grant from Donor's Choose/Female Architects for the Future. The grant will cover building supplies for a unit on architecture and STEM ($251).
- Visual Art teacher, Ms. Schneck, received a grant from Donor's Choose/Artsy Smartsy for a variety of art supplies to be used for many projects ($486).
- Visual Arts teacher, Ms. Schneck, received a grant from Donor's Choose/ Girls Rule at Painting for painting supplies for self portrait project ($452).
- Science teacher, Ms. Davis, received a grant from TYWLN for students to use non fiction texts to make real world connections. Students will also use UV meters to record the UV record reading on a regular basis in a national data base.
We're thrilled to announce the accomplishments of our wonderful staff, who received an astonishing number of grants for their work in 2013-2014. Read about them below!
It is our goal to keep you informed! Make sure you continue to check out our blog for important and exciting information about TYWLS Queens.